Thursday, July 9, 2009

answer to Crystal's questions

2. Have you or a friend ever gotten great footage on video for the purpose of making a point, but it didn't play back the right way or couldn't be edited without desroying the original footage altogether? What made you realize the evidence simply wasn't there?

I have definitely gotten footage that I thought was way better than it was or simply did not say what it was supposed to. i think many times it was actually because the difference between what I had shot and what I had seen was different. Working with video makes you realize how hard it is to capture a moment and feeling. I think the camera work is so important, if you are changing angles, moving around faster versus staying still or panning slowly will give the viewer a different idea of what is going on. I had a time when I took footage of interview and I realized what the interviewee's facial expression sort of didn't match up with what I thought she was saying. So I ended up cutting alot of that to avoid confusing my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment