Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Answer to Nick's Ede questions

1. Do you think that a more collaborative environment would be beneficial to the college educational system? Why (not)?

Personally it's hard for me to say either way because I don't think that I have been made to do that much collaborative work during my college career. I have done collaborative work with professors and I have to say that it was very educational for me just even in terms of keeping everything organized (which I am not in the least, organized that is). I think, however, it is difficult to do collaborative work with people you do not know because there is the trust issue. With many successful collaborations it is because the vision and style of the authors match so they can work together without worrying about how the other people might complete work. Also the competitive environment of college will make it harder to do more collaborative work because students will always be looking for ways to distinguish themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment